Snap Preview – Snap Off!
May 10, 2007Posted by on
You may not be aware of your readers experience when you enable “Snap Preview Everywhere” on your blog. Here’s a brief summary.
(1) Keep in mind that 70% of those using the net are on dial-up service and that “snap” slows down page loading time whether or not the reader is on dial-up or broadband service.
(2) When surfing the web if your readers usually check the status bar along the bottom of their browser windows to see where the link is headed – “snap” takes that away.
(3) Although “snap” does give the option to the reader of “disabling” it this inconvenience also takes time and it doesn’t stick if your readers clear their cookies.
(4) It crashes Netscape 7.1.
(5) It doesn’t crash IE6 but the right click function is gone.
(6) In IE7, if you do a right click to open up a link in a new tab and “snap” pops up, then you lose the right click menu as well. It’s defaults to the image, not the link.
Suffice to say that many adjustments need to be made to “snap” and the best adjustment I can think of is to snap it off.